Mental Wanderings


Cascade Falls- Orca Islands

Travel Tip: Check out Otterspond BnB (8/10).  Views -9/10. Value - 8/10. Food - 7/10. New found respect for non standard hotels / motels in the US. Much more interesting stays.

The fatigue sets in quickly these days. So many workstreams and thoughts. So many expectations and desires. The wanting gets to you.  And you long for a simpler life. Where you focus on work and work is your reward.

And then you wonder - when the results don't come in - or your mind quakes with fear - what reward? The struggle between a purpose filled life and a pragmatic one becomes all too clear the higher the stakes, the more the ambition.

I'd now like to take a step back - not in effort or goals, but more from the perspective of extracting myself from the clutch of desires. I have been given much more than I could have asked for .. Let me work towards goals, but not be strangled by them.

To be mindful, to be grateful, to work with love and sincerity, to detach yourself from the results.

--
Sitting Sighing Spitting,
Swearing,
I wonder - I wonder why I wonder,
The machinations of the mind,
The storytelling wizardry,
Desire - my old friend,
Relax and Stop for a while




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The US Run - 1

The Philippines - a quick guide to having more fun for nature lovers

Whale watching